Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2026

Want to save money filling out your own legal documents? Think twice and as the old adage denotes:

 Measure twice, cut once.  The same goes for legal documents I.e.  deeds, deeds of trust, QUIT CLAIM DEEDS!!   How many times have I seen this go awry.  At least get the help from a title company if you can't afford a real estate attorney (though I think you should!)  AND get title insurance for transactions !

I once bought an unbuildable piece of land adjoining my house and property and the names were Mr. & Mrs. Doe and Mr. Doe was actually signed by the son.  Not the original owner.  Mr. Doe was deceased.  Thankfully I had bought title insurance.

I went to the Assessor's office today with a question and found out that a Tax ID number(always 13 digits here in Deschutes County) doesn't work for a legal description.  You may be paying taxes on it forever, but you  will need a legal description if you want title insurance and sell it.


No comments:

Post a Comment